Contact Information

Dr. Ric Calhoun
Interim Director of Gordon State College at McDonough
770. 954. 2010

Gordon State College Admissions
Nathan Bell, Admissions Counselor for Henry County
678. 359. 5118

Gordon State College at McDonough

Gordon State College offers day and evening classes at the Academy of Advanced Studies located in McDonough at Henry County High School.  This program is perfect for adults who must work around work or family responsibilities but will also be used by traditional-age college students from the McDonough area or Henry County dual enrollment students.  The Academy is located in a refurbished wing of Henry County High School.  If you follow the schedule link to the left, you will find the latest courses offered by Gordon State College.  We expect these offerings to expand over time and anticipate that over a two year period that a part-time Gordon student will be able to complete the USG core curriculum at the Academy for Advanced Studies.  Clayton State University is working closely with Gordon State College to provide complementary educational services in the Academy, and Gordon students will be able to take courses from the offerings of both institutions.


How to apply to Gordon State College at McDonough?

You can Apply Online or download and print an application (pdf) and mail it to us.

Applications should be faxed to 770.358.5080 or mailed to:

Gordon State College Office of Admissions
419 College Drive
Barnesville, GA   30204

Submit official final high school transcript showing the date of graduation and type of diploma received.   Please contact your high school and request official transcripts be sent to Gordon admissions office at the address above.

Submit official SAT, ACT or Compass test scores.
If you do not have SAT or ACT scores, please schedule an appointment at Gordon State College to take the Compass Placement test.  The Compass test is an un-timed test.  You will be tested in the areas of Writing, Reading, and Algebra.  Please bring your photo ID in order to be admitted into the testing area. 

Also, make sure you complete an Immunization Record Form (pdf)

Am I eligible for financial aid?

Students should apply for financial assistance through the Gordon State College Financial Aid Office. To apply for federal student aid you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Process  . Gordon State College FAFSA code is 001575. Get more information about Financial Aid  here.

Where do I pay fees?

Students pay fees and tuition through the Gordon State College Business Office.  You may pay in person with cash, check, or money order in Room 230, Lambdin Hall.  Or, you may pay online through your Gordon State College Banner Web account using webcheck or credit card.  DISCOVER, MasterCard, and American express are accepted online.  For important payment information, click this link

Where do I register for classes?

Accepted students must attend a New Student Orientation (NSO) program on the Gordon State College campus offered on select dates May – November.   The NSO allows students to receive academic advising, training and oversight of the course registration process, and a more informed understanding of Gordon State College resources policies, and procedures.